- If the operating system exits abnormally when Burp is running with a disk-based project then some in-memory data may not be saved to disk, resulting in a partially corrupted project file. On reopening a project, Burp now detects this condition, and offers to repair the project file. The repair process will preserve as much data as possible from the corrupted project file.
- When a new project is created, at the second step of the startup wizard where a configuration file is selected, Burp now lets you specify to use the selected option by default in future. If you have created a configuration file that you prefer to use for new projects, using this feature avoids the need to manually select your configuration file every time.
- In the startup wizard, the lists of recently used project and configuration files now automatically hide any items that no longer exist on disk.
- Burp now prevents selection of the current project file in all file dialogs, to avoid accidental overwriting of project data.
- A bug that could lead to bloating of project files with redundant data has been resolved.
Burp Suite Professional:
Burp Suite Free Edition: